PLAN OF A PRACTICAL SKILL
Differentiation of the temperature curves
1. Febris continua - permanent fever. Fluctuate between morning and evening temperature do not exceed 1 °Ñ. Such temperature curve is observed on the first period of abdominal typhus, crupose pneumonia.
2. Febris remittens - indulgence fever. Fluctuate between morning and evening temperature exceeds 1-2 °Ñ. Such type of curve observes due to viral infections, sepsis, in second half of abdominal typhus.
3. Febris intermittens. It is alternating fever. It is characterized that by the rising periods of temperature (paroxysmuses) right alternate with the periods of normal temperature (apirrhexions). Temperature of the body rises to the level of 40 °Ñ and higher, holds for a few hours, goes down to the norm and rises again. This fever type is observed in the malaria. The paroxysmuses can arise every fourth day (febris quartana), every third day (febris tertiana) or daily (febris quotidiana). Periodicity of the temperature rise depends on duration of development cycle of malarial Plasmodium. Paroxysmuses coincide in course of the time of erythrocytes destruction (after completion of cycle).
4. Febris hectica. It is exhausting fever. Daily fluctuation of it is equal 3-4 °Ñ and more. Sometimes temperature goes down below the norm. Such fever is typical for sepsis, tuberculosis, malignant tumors.
5. Febris inverse. It is inverted fever. Maximum of the temperature is observed in the morning, temperature decreases in the evening, sometimes to normal range. It is typical for sepsis and serious types of tuberculosis.
6. Febris recurrens. It is recurrent fever. There are periods of rising temperature (5-8 days) and normal level of temperature (nonfever periods). Example is recurrent typhus, malaria.
7. Febris undulans. It is undulating fever. There is slow increasing of body’s temperature during some term after that there its decreasing with period of normal temperature. It is typical for brucellosis.
8. Febris irregularis. It is irregular fever (atypical). It is characterize by nonright and different daily fluctuations of the temperature. It is typical for chronic bronchitis, chronic cholycystites, rheumatism and leucosis.